Your privacy and protection of your personal data is very important to Novodecor ("the company" or "we" or "us" or "our").
We have developed this Privacy Statement to help you urderstand how we process your personal information.
For purposes of this Privacy statement, "personal information", "data subject" and "processing" will have the meanings given to them in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 ("POPIA").
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time, without prior notice, by posting the amended Statement on our website.
2. Application of the Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statment applies to your personal information processed by us or on our behalf, such as data who use our website and/or our services, and7or who provide us with products and services, clients and any other data subjects who engage with us.
This Privacy Statment does not apply to third party websites linked to our website, or websites that link to or advertise on our website.
3. Collection of personal information
The personal information may be provided to us by you and/or collected by us when you engage with us and/or on your use of our services, and/or when you provide us with your products and services, and/or when you access our website or from third parties.
The type of personal information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. The specific purpose for which the information is collected will be apparent from the context in which the information is requested including but not limited to when:
- You utilise our products or services;
- You submit enquiries to us or contact us and you may be required to provide your name and surname, identity or passport number, postal or street address, title, contact numbers or e-mail address;
- You render services to Novodecor;
- You make use of our website or interact with us on social media, we may collect your non-personal browsing habits and click patterns, e-mail address, IP address, telephone data information or username and password;
- You apply for employment opportunities at Novodecor you may be required to provide your name and surname, identity number, employment history, criminal behaviour; and
- You visit our premises where CCTV cameras are installed.
Where possible, we will inform you what information is voluntary or mandatory for you to provide to us and the consequences for failing to provide the requested information.
We will only retain your personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes as have been identified by us and/or as required by law and/or as agreed with you.
4. How we use your information
Personal information will only be processed for the purposes for which it was collected and/or to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and/or as authorised by law and/or with your consent.
The purposes for which we process personal information includes, but is not limited to:
1. Respond to your enquiry;
2. Render our services to you;
3. Comply with legal requirements or industry codes;
4. Market or promote our products and services;
5. Safety and security reasons; and
5. Disclosure of information
Novodecor may disclose your personal information to third parties in certain circumstances, which include, but are not limited to:
- Where we have your consent; or
- Where we are required to do so in terms of our company’s operational requirements; or
- Where we are required to do so by law; or
- To our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services, where we have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms.
Third parties to whom we disclose personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Service providers to Novodecor; and
- Regulators, courts, tribunals and law enforcement agencies.
- Surforma Head office
We may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us.
6. Transfer of information
We may need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with similar protection as provided for in POPIA.
We may transfer your information to other countries which do not have similar protection as provided for in POPIA, with your consent.
7. Information security
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful access, loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of personal information.
We have implemented various policies, procedures and IT systems to safeguard personal information.
We regularly verify that the safeguards are effectively implemented and ensure that they are continually updated.
Notwithstanding paragraph 7.1 to 7.3 above, to the extent permissible by law, we shall not be liable for any loss, claim and/or damage arising from any unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse, loss, alteration or destruction of your personal information.
8. Data subject rights
Subject to POPIA provisions, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information;
- Request, where necessary, the correction, destruction or deletion of your personal information;
- To object, to the processing of your personal information;
- To submit a complaint to the Information Regulator regarding the alleged interference with the protection of the personal information; and
- To institute civil proceedings regarding the alleged interference with the protection of your personal information.
9. Contact details
Mr Dave Keefer
The Information Officer
1 Rydal Lane,
Longlake Ext 3,
Email address: [email protected]